Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Attitude of expectation

I recently got a devotional book about Hope, by Billy Graham and have been enjoying reading it. Yesterday's devotional was about patience. Sometimes I feel like I will scream if I hear one more thing about freakin patience! However, this was not the case. He wrote that patience was not just "teeth-clenched" endurance, but an attitude of expectation. I like that. Throughout this process I have had times of teeth-clenched endurance and times of having an attitude of expectation...and sometimes both simultaneously! Teeth-clenched endurance is easier and it makes disappointment hurt less. However, an attitude of expectation is better and better for me...also way more Christ honoring. So with that in mind, last night I patiently and expectantly got things done. I finished my veil-it took me 3 tries! I also finished my reception hairpiece-that only took 2 tries. :) Then I started working on welcome signs for George's arrival...it's good for my soul and the teacher and former homeschool kid in me just can't resist a sale on poster board and markers! I also finally got to bed early! Yay!
There's nothing new on the job front. I am searching, but as you may have realized from the news, the economy is pretty much terrible right now. I have peace though. I'm a bit surprised by that, but I know something will work out. Even if it means I have to be the shelving girl at the library (My library is awful btw, the staff are super mean-SUPER mean! The books are just cast offs from the 90's or donated weirdness and it smells like b.o.). Please pray my boss gets a job, then I can stay put.
The black envelopes continue to flow into the Senator's office and I am praying some good comes from it. Next week begins another round of scheduling.

No comments: