Sunday, August 23, 2009

Longing for tomorrow..

Sometimes I find myself longing for tomorrow, and tomorrow's tomorrow and so on. Actually, I find this is the case a lot. When today doesn't produce the results I wanted, I hope tomorrow will.
Tomorrow is a business day, I am hoping for some sort of news from someone (my boss, the NVC, the Embassy, the Senator or really anyone who can help or give me a glimmer of hope). However, I don't want all these months of waiting to be a total waste because all I cared about was the continual tomorrow, the eventually, instead of the now. I'm not quite sure how to do that. I've been taught to do the next thing-meaning, when I don't know what to do, do the things I do know. I'm at a place now where waiting is about all I know to do. Wait and pray.
The upside to all of this is that I'm spending a lot of time with my mom and little brother (they are the ones home the most when I am). I do love that, but I know they carry my burden as well, so it's bittersweet. My pain is theirs...I hate that and I need it all at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ecclesiastes talks about the fact that there is nothing new under the sun.... and I am not trying to be trite or discount the heavy burden you are bearing through your ordeal....

I personally have had to wait for a former communist government to allow my fiance (at the time) to come back to the US after he left. He did eventually return, and we married. When our first child was born we sent for his mother to visit and the odds were slim to none, but out of 500 applicants only 50 very granted visas and my mother in law was one of them! Our prayers were simple, and God knew the desires of our heart. He knows your desires and anguish as well.


Presently, my husband cannot travel back to his own country to see his blood relations since he became a US citizen. He has not seen his family for more than 10 years. We are hopeful that one day the government will change the laws, but it is difficult. However, we may not know how or when, but the Lord will help His children ( you/us) again!!

I just wanted to encourage you to “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalm 27:14).

The Lord is on your side....He really is!