Friday, August 21, 2009

It continues...

Today has been....well, I'm not sure how to describe it. I zombied through my morning...semi hoping it was a dream and that my man would actually get an interview-that he would actually end up here and that we could actually have a life together...soon! I feel like it may never happen. Then the anger set in and by the time I got to my mom's house the tears started flowing. It's hard to explain my thoughts and emotions right now. And I am aware that yes, he's alive, things could be worse, etc., etc.
But my hurt is something more. It's not just being apart, it's not just immigration, it's not just my job situation, it's not just my church situation...or even all of those put together. George and I have earnestly sought after God and his plan for us. We see His fingerprints in so much of our life and throughout our relationship. Through lots of prayer and careful consideration, with advice and prayer from our parents and a desire to honor them, we set out on this path. It has not been easy...at all! Being apart in and of itself is hard, throw in immigration paperwork, time difference, serious phone issues, a zillion little stressful things popping up and a finish line that moves everyday and it's way beyond hard. I feel like God led us to this place and left us all alone. In my mind I know that is not true. His word clearly says otherwise. I'm still feeling that way though.
Our original plan was to wait until the September round of scheduling to make any big decisions...I hope we stick to that plan. The problem remains, what do we do next? I love George and will do anything to be with him, as he would for me. The problem we face is making a decision for the moment that could adversely affect the forever. I hope I'm making sense. For instance, if I were to just pack up and move to Ghana. For the moment that would be fabulous! However, I would spend all I have getting out of my lease and getting me and my stuff over there; it would take a while for me to get papers to work there (if I got them at all) and our salaries would be a small fraction of American salaries...we would essentially be stuck in Ghana, maybe forever. When the visa finally came we wouldn't have the money to fly back to the States or a place to live and jobs when we got here. Again, stuck in Ghana...or of course, come back to the States and be massively in debt...ahh, the American dream! We don't want to be "stuck" anywhere.
We could really use some prayers. I said I feel like God isn't listening, but I know that isn't true...I keep praying and I need other people to as well. Again, we need guidance! We need favor with our immigration process as well as with employment. We need HOPE. Please, please pray for us!

No comments: