Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday morning thoughts...

Week two of ditching my "home church" and it's quite nice. Last week I tried out a different church, I accomplished anonymity but the church itself wasn't so great. This week, online church.
Life continues to be the same. I'm searching and searching, but no good news on any front for me. My goal right now is to just keep on moving. It reminds me a little of an experience in Ghana. In the rainforest near Cape Coast there is a national park called Kakum. In this national park there is a "canopy walk". In short, about 100ft up, there are rope and board bridges suspended between trees in the canopy of the rainforest. It's quite incredible. There is only one way up and the only one way out-you have to walk across all SEVEN bridges. Some people start this journey and then discover it is much more than they bargained for, but like I said, you can't just quit-the only way out is to walk across all of the bridges. I have seen many people brought to tears, I have seen people kiss the ground of the rainforest (gross!) when they finally finish, and I have even seen people get carried across the final bridges because they were to terrified by fear to walk it alone. It's not for wimps. I hope you can see my analogy. Figuratively speaking, I think we're on bridge five or so. We just have to keep moving.

Most of my family is here this weekend. It's nice, but it's also been very difficult for me. My parents' house is full of happy couples and George is PAINFULLY missing...tough times.

No comments: