Friday, August 28, 2009

Not quite what I expected...

Today has been full of thing that I didn't quite expect (well life is, actually, but today in particular).
I had my "sit down" with the boss and I won't even be able to make ends meet. I get two half days a week-ouch! So I most definitely, HAVE to find something else.
In other unexpected news...the FBI called me today. I'm not gonna lie, that a little bit freaked me out. The call was to follow up on my "tip", but I couldn't answer. We are now playing phone tag. ***I ended up talking to the FBI guy. I gave him more info, but he really needs more. Our predicament now is the possibility of getting our friend in trouble (the agent didn't like that word, but it could make things difficult for him). So we shall see. I am told this is most likely one of two possibilities. Either an opportunist who is great with timing stealing money from seemingly desperate people, or, truly some horrible, horrible corruption.
My other boss also had some helpful tips to involve various media to get some attention to our case (he worked for AP for a long time, so he knows what he's talking about). So we'll see. My mind is too full right now to know what to do.
So that's it. More yuck.

No comments: