Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Looking back, looking forward...

Re-post from September 08-Yes, it has been way too long and there is almost too much to say. A lot has happened in the last 3 months and things- much to my amazement, are going well.
{pictures should be here}
As you can see from the pictures, I went back to Ghana and had the time of my life enjoying every second with my man. God was so evident in so much of what happened while I was there and we feel confident and at peace about the path we are taking.
Coming back has been a whirlwind and I have been very, very busy- which helps to distract me a bit, but can be hard to juggle. I must admit that at times I still feel like a visitor in my own life and would much rather be in Ghana. I know though, that being here is working towards George and my future and that in light of the rest of our lives, this time won't be long at all.
So that's it- as condensed as I can make it. Our resolve is strong and our God is with us.
....And here we are, almost a year later and still more than 6,000 miles apart. Things don't look quite the way we thought they would. I love my attitude in that post, I'd like to have that again.
It's easy to forget how wonderful things have been (and can be) when in the thick of hard things. I remember that trip, how wonderful it was. I remember that we were preparing for the marathon that we are now in. I remember how sweet our times together were, resting and "filling up" for our time apart-we didn't want to be busy doing things and seeing people, we just wanted to be together. I remember that everywhere we turned we had favor, God answered our prayers in bigger ways than we had asked or imagined. We found help for this process before we looked for it; we were given encouragement before we knew we needed it and God provided for our needs in BIG ways-I basically got my job from West Africa (can you imagine how sketchy that probably sounded to my boss?).
I don't know why things look the way they do right now. Earlier this week I would have said our resolve is not strong and our God has seemingly left us. That is not true though. This sucks, but it's not over and it doesn't mean God left us. I'm ready to keep going...no giving up yet!
P.S. It's time to stop living on Diet Dr. Pepper and chocolate....I'll start tomorrow.

No comments: