Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Waiting and busy work...

I haven't blogged in a while because we still have no news (maybe this week?) and I've been busy. What have I been busy with? Glad you asked!
I've been working on my Etsy store! George called me earlier this week so excited that he had what could be a "plan"...we are eager for plans! Anyway, he thought we should move up our timeline of starting a store with cool stuff from Ghana, and do it now. We had talked about it a few years ago, but it was an "eventually" thing, not for now. So before he spends lots of money buying things there and bringing them here, we're doing a trial run. So I pulled out all of the fabrics I had put away, started making a few things and set up an Etsy. Unfortunately, my sewing machine has decided to give me trouble, so I'm in a holding pattern. I started with easy stuff and all the truly wonderful things I have in my mind are staying there, because for now...I can't sew. Bummer! If you want to check it out, my site is: sisterbeta.etsy.com. Who knows if anything will come of it, but for now, I'm feeling very productive and that's great!
In other news, we have a short term plan and feel pretty good about it. If G doesn't get an interview this round, then I will go for a visit in November until the end of December or early January. We'll wait for one more round of scheduling just to be sure my ticket will be used (no refunds!). This will be Christmas number four of hoping George will be here...I'm glad to know we'll be together regardless. This plan has helped us because things are no longer indefinite. We don't know what will happen after that, but for now, that's okay. I'm still praying that he just gets a visa though!
Also, I've realized how many people actually read my blog and how many people are praying for us. Thanks readers! I appreciate your support!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

FOUR YEARS???!!!
I am praying for you and your George. I know that you will be a wonderful Christian family, and a light of Christ to all around you.

Thank you for your encouragement:)

Kristen said...

i was starting to get a little worried about you when you didn't post for so long! love that you started your etsy shop and glad that you guys will get to see each other soon no matter what. i have had so many friends ask about you as they found your blog through ours. i know God will continue to use the story of your faithfulness to encourage others.

Nana said...

gonna go check out your etsy shop right now!

pullin' for you and George!