Thursday, September 3, 2009

For every action...

...there is an equal and opposite reaction. Remember that? I thought that only applied to Physics, but apparently, it also applies to my life. I am trying to weigh my options carefully, but it really does seem like for every good point in a possible decision, there is also an equally bad point. There simply is no good option right now.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! Matthew 7:7-11
I've really been struggling with this passage. I've been asking, seeking and knocking as fervently as I know how to do. I just want some direction, some nod as to what to do or where to go (and a visa, but I'll just take the direction)...I've been asking God for that for a long time. As well as, my parents are completely grieved over this with me and would have made a way for George and I earlier. Then of course, how much more does God want to do that? I don't mean to whine, I'm seriously wondering about this. I'm getting down to the wire...a decision has to be made soon before I am forced into a decision by inaction. I don't know why God seems so near and clear sometimes and the complete opposite other times.

No comments: