Thursday, September 17, 2009

Not sure what to think....

First, my boss is at a convention right now possibly interview for several different positions. Please take a minute to pray for that. Thanks.
We're in a drought where I live. A real drought. Supposedly the worst in 50 years...so the worst in my life. Our lakes are disgustingly low, we are on water rationing and neighborhoods have resorted to painting grass green, since they can't keep it alive with water. Rain almost seemed like a myth. The last time it rained here it was a quick and violent storm that did more harm than good (remember, it ruined my car). But last weekend, it rained. It raaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnned! For days it rained. It simply poured...and flooded. It was amazing. It was refreshing. It was a borderline miracle-it made me think of Noah. Even Atheists would tell you it was a gift from God. It was good for my soul. I saw it as a wonderful analogy. I saw my life being in the worst drought it had known. I saw how I've been crying out to God and that He really was going to bring me "rain." I had hope. I knew his week would be good. I knew God was gonna show up BIG! I was wrong. God hasn't exactly drenched me and I don't see any BIG. Maybe my definition of big needs to change....who cares if you get the biggest and best Birthday gift if you don't eat on a regular basis. My God has faithfully met the need of the moment. I'm still begging for more, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Week24 and we still have no interview. Again, I haven't called yet, but I know I would get an e-mail, so I doubt we got one. I'm okay with it....for now. I just don't feel like it's over yet. Thankfully, I still have hope.
George has a friend who has a sister going through this process (I feel like every Ghanaian starts a story that way-with some sort of long sleeve relationship!). Anyway, apparently she has had a crazy wait as well. So she called [or went to] the Embassy and was told that surely her interview is coming up. They told her visa lottery winners have priority and they are finished with them, so now it should be her turn. They told her to expect an interview in the next month or two. First of all, that makes me livid. It is completely wrong that my citizen rights are shelved because of a freakin' lottery! Our case is purposeful and the others are random...they can wait. However...on the upside, it means we really may have an interview soon! The embassy doesn't say things to make people feel good, so I'm thinkin' this is the truth. Also, there are some visa message board groups (which annoy me, but I still read) and a lot of people put their timelines up. Aside from seeing that our wait truly is BEYOND ridiculous, I have noticed that people find out about getting an interview at all different times, not just the second week of the month (which is the **** that the NVC has fed us). So who knows...obviously I don't. I will totally take good news-whenever it comes!

No comments: