Friday, September 4, 2009

Confession time.

I swear. A little. Sometimes more than a little. Some days, this makes me feel better about life, it's a stress reliever. Some days it just comes out. I'm getting better about it though. Today I was informed (not by God, the Holy Spirit or my mother, mind you) that I am un-lady like, unrighteous and not pleasing to God. All because I said the a-s-s word...and it was about a truck! Hey now! Those are fightin' words!
This brings me to another confession. I am really, REALLY struggling with a relationship right now. Aforementioned person and I are not exactly best friends....maybe not even friends at all, but we are stuck with one another. Aforementioned person has a way of trying their best to trample me...to hurt me...to hurt those I love. This person doesn't seem to like me, but sometimes pretends to. This person hasn't tried to have a great relationship with me, but often makes it out to be my fault. Some days, I am good at ignoring this. After all, I have way bigger issues than this person and interaction with them only leads to hurt. Some days, I am not no so great at ignoring, some days I fight back-that is not good. It's hard to know what to do in relationships that don't jive. I try to remember the whole 70x7 thing, but that is HARD! I hope we can at the very least be at peace, this strife doesn't help in the stress department, nor is it Christ like. For those of you keeping up with the prayer for me...you could add this relationship to the list!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

swearing is so stress relieving!! i really have no idea how my parents managed to NEVER do it in front of us. my record isn't that clean i'm afraid. my mom still gets mad if we say 'butt' in her presence. haha.

Sister Beta said...

Dear Kristen,

I love you!