Monday, September 28, 2009

How dare they!

This morning I opened my inbox and much to my amazement, I had mail from the consulate. There were not 1....2....or 3 e-mails, but FIVE e-mails form the consulate in Accra! Half of me wanted to rejoice (Oh Happy Day was going off in my mind, sung by an amazing black choir in cool looking robes) but I held it in. My track record of getting good news pretty much sucks, so I figured this may not be what I've been hoping and praying for. And guess what? It wasn't. At all. The consulate finally decided to answer my e-mails and every single one of them was answered with the exact same canned response. They did not read what I had to say, no one wants to listen to me, and they are most certainly no help at all. There isn't even a word for these people (okay, maybe there is, but I'm not gonna type it).
On another note. Yesterday, I didn't go to church, but I listened to the sermon from my little brother's church. It made me sob. It was good, it was hard. If you have some time and want to hear a sermon about waiting, click here.

No comments: