Friday, September 11, 2009

Laughing...

I love kids, they are so dang funny! I am babysitting two little boys tonight. They are full of questions!
I must (all of the sudden) look really old to kids because they have all started asking me whether I have babies or not and when will I ever get married? I have heard those two questions five times this week!
D, the 7 year old and C the 4 year old were playing Legos a bit ago, here's what happened....
"Bethany," said D, "Do you have babies yet?"
"No, not yet." I said.
"Well are you married?" (I wonder why that question doesn't come first.)
"I'm working on it, sweetie. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything."
"Why aren't you married yet?"
"Remember, George lives in Africa. He needs a special piece of paper called a visa to come to America. It takes a long time to get a visa. Once he does, he will come and we'll get married."
"Oh....So if George is from Africa, what color is his skin?"
"Brown."
"I have brown skin friends." {wheels turnin', wheels turnin'...} "Wait, so if he's black and from Africa and you're American and white, what are your kids?"
"They'll be brown."
"That can't be. The only people with white skin who have brown kids adopted them. There is a girl in my class who has a brown sister and she's adopted." [he's an adorable smarty pants, btw]
"They'll be light brown. Like when you mix chocolate syrup into white milk-it's light brown."
"Oh, okay. What about their hair?"
Before I could answer, C piped up, "I have a brown girl in MY class! She must grink a LOTS of milk!"
...then I died laughing.
These kids are full of it, but by far the reasoning that drinking milk makes you brown skinned is the funniest thing I've heard in a while!

5 comments:

livinlavida said...

Kids are a good way to love life! Its hard to not smile around them... Enjoy them! All my love, Sara

EMU said...

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. It was fun to look through your most recent posts. I love your spiritual junk food post -- too funny and unfortunately too true!

May God bless you as you wait...

Shelli said...

I love it! Kids are so innocent and so loving!

I don't remember how I stumbled across your blog, but I have been praying for your visa situation... I know from experience how difficult and frustrating it is to work with an embassy to obtain a visa (different situation, but also frustrating)!
May you be filled with God's peace as you wait...
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it surely will take place. It will not be delayed."
~Habakkuk 2:3

jolana said...

Hi Bethany!
We emailed a couple times about a year ago when I found your blog, I live in San Antonio. I've been working on reading the whole thing from the beginning and am getting close to where I started last year. This was hilarious! I love kids before they really become racially aware! I'm talking to the guy from Cali again that wanted to move to Ghana and he actually made it over there, so hopefully I'll be able to visit him next year. I hope this comment shows up as a new one and you see it! I read a couple of blogs that you got married, congrats, I can't wait to get all caught up on your story!
Jolana

jolana said...

Lol, ok, I just got to your blog where you were talking to the church girl and typing your thoughts in purple and she said "what a cool story!", and you're thinking, "no, it's my life", and I remembered that I just referred to your blog as the same thing. I meant no offense, but if you look at it from the point of view of someone who doesn't know you it really does read like a story, and it's just the first/best descriptive word that came to my mind :) I'm still not used to the word blog, lol.