Wednesday, September 2, 2009

French food....lots of French food!

There is an amazing French restaurant a couple of minutes drive from my parents' house. My mom and I (or a few of us) go there with increasing frequency. Back in the day, this restaurant was our special place-we would go for our Birthdays or around Christmas time, but not all the time. Now, we go all the time! I love this restaurant. The food is great, the atmosphere is fabulous and it reminds me of a pretty rockin' trip.

The Spring after I graduated high school my mom took me to Paris. [pause for effect] It was completely, truly wonderful! We had an amazing adventure together and saw and experienced so many things....things I will never forget. Life was beautiful and we were fearless (well, sometimes I was fearless and she got drug into it, but mostly we were both fearless). We would break away from the touristy places and crowded squares and find amazing places and people off the beaten path. And of course, we ate wonderful things!

I want to go back. I want to cruise the river Seine with George by my side and watch the Eiffel tower light up. I want to take days and days to wander through the Louvre and see every part of the city. I just want to get away. I can't. We all know that. I have to be a grown up and stay here. I'm trying hard and my mom is helping me-so for the mean time, we eat French food, reminisce about our trip and dream about future trips.

No comments: