Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Update on life...

I feel like it's been a long time since I've posted, but it really hasn't. There's not a ton to update on.
Things are going great! I am busy with wedding stuff and preparing for the holidays and George's arrival (Woohoo!!! Saying that just doesn't get old!). I'd like to be working a little more, for the financial benefit. However, I'm very aware that things are going to get very busy once George is here, so I'm trying to enjoy my down time and take advantage of the rest it allows me (that, and be thankful for the savings I have-thanks Mom, for teaching me money management!).
My dad did me a sweet favor this week and got my car inspected and my oil changed. Isn't that nice? The down side was, the mechanic found a "gash" in my tire. Ugh. So on Friday I'm off to Discount Tire to see what I can do (it will be ok 'til then). I'm dreading this task as my silly Saturn has "performance tires" that don't come cheap. However, in light of all the wonderfulness going on, this is pretty much a nothing. Funny how perspective changes. :)
Things are pretty chill for now. We are continuing to pray for a smooth interview and a visa printed immediately. 3 weeks from tomorrow is the big day!
EDIT: After I wrote this I got on the visa forum and read about a recent interview in Ghana. For no particular reason, with no extra proof needed, this applicant was told to come back a MONTH later due to Administrative Processing (AP). When the guy went back, he was told that he was approved and got his actual visa two days later. This worries me. I had only heard of AP when people hadn't given enough or the right info and needed to collect it. AP for no real reason freaks me out! (This person had different circumstances than we do, but it's the whole AP thing...) I was totally confident about our case, but now I'm a bit nervous. Please pray with us that George will get approved on the day of his interview-NO AP!!!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

praying peace and favor for you guys.