Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ONE month!

One month from today, at 3:30 in the morning, my time, George will have his Immigrant Visa Interview. Oh. My. GOD! That is still so fun and unbelievable to say! Whatever the outcome, that day will change our lives. I'm not dreading it, I'm ExCiTeD!!
This is the second week of the month, what has been affectionately referred to as 'hell week" or, interview scheduling. Finally-I don't care and it doesn't matter! Last month, I guessed we would be painfully waiting to hear something, but doubting that good news would come. Never would I have guessed that we would be in full swing of wedding planning and that THE INTERVIEW would already be scheduled! God is wonderful!
Things are really moving along. Please keep praying for us! George has his medicals on Thursday this week! Please pray that everything would go smoothly and that he gets all that he needs. Also, George is a little bit nervous (maybe that's not quite the word, apprehensive?) about getting out of his National Service. Please pray for favor in that and that he would have the right words to say to his boss when the time comes for him to leave. Oh yeah, all the documents and proof I sent him are now somewhere "in-transit" please pray they make it to George in one piece without a pricey bribe to pay. Thanks, readers!!

4 comments:

jolana said...

Congratulations! That must give a little bit of relief!

Anonymous said...

Bribes are so inevitable overseas!

I pray that God's favor be upon you both through every phase of this process!

Sister Beta said...

FYI- bribes happen here too.

Anonymous said...

That's true about US bribes....
Natives from my husbands country who are now working in the US in professional jobs, etc. use some "non-professional" tactics while conducting business. Of course, our government isn't as fair and balanced as it should be either! ( ;

However, my experiences overseas rest with a daily in your face "give me extra money, liquor or some other commodity" so I will sign/stamp your basic or high profile paperwork or just change the linens on your relatives bed while staying in the hospital over the course of a month, etc. A lot of Americans are not even used to such a "system" of doing business this way...that's what I was alluding to.......