Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving isn't until next Thursday, but I don't want to do the typical Thanksgiving post on that day-too cliche for me. I'm gonna mix it up.
I am really, really thankful for my mom. You've heard bits and pieces about her, but here is her real shout out. I don't know where I would be or where WE (G and I) would be if it wasn't for my mom. She knows me better than anyone and is always there for me. She believed in George and my relationship from the start and stood by me even when no one else did. She knows just how to walk with me through hard times. She is a wonderful cook and can throw a great party. She has taught me how to be a strong woman. She is funny and makes me laugh a LOT! While others were critical, she believed in me and trusted in God- she has said "goodbye" to me at the airport countless times, sometimes not knowing when the "welcome home" would happen. She is bold, she is confident, she is awesome. She has instilled in me an incredible love for grocery shopping as well as making a beautiful home. She is super organized. She has gracefully shifted her mothering position to a position of friend and mentor. I could not ask for better.

1 comment:

She thinks too hard! said...

So very thankful for you, too, dear! This has been a hard journey but I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Can't wait for that big day!