Friday, March 22, 2013

Dear Addison,

Your little world is about to change. My heart breaks for you and your sweet Daddy. No little girl should grow up without her Mommy.

I also have hope. Hope for you and hope for your Dad. Hope that our great God will surround you and comfort you and prosper you.

I pray that you will get to grieve in a healthy way. I pray that you will hold onto the joy and happy memories of your Mama for your entire life. I pray that her memory will inspire you to be the very best you can be in all things, to seize the day and not take anything for granted.

I pray knowing that she is with Jesus will give you great comfort and point you to Him. I pray that when the hard questions arise, you know where to look for the answers, because Jesus is always the answer. I pray you will sleep soundly in Him.

I know no one will replace your Mom, but I pray that you will find yourself surrounded by strong, Godly women who love you.

I wish I could give you a hug, I wish I could somehow ease your pain, somehow make this even a little bit better.

Your loving cousin,
Bethany


Yesterday my Aunt Tammy was diagnosed with cancer. Today she was placed in hospice care and is expected to pass this weekend. She will leave behind her loving husband (my Dad's baby brother) and 5 year old Addison. If you think of them, please please pray for this unimaginably hard walk. Our hearts ache with them and for them, but we know our God is great-even in the darkest of times.

No comments: