Thursday, December 10, 2009

Say to this mountain...

It's with a heavy heart that I am writing that George did not get approved today. He didn't get denied either though.
The (expletive) consulate is requiring that we have a co-sponsor, thus another form is needed. The kicker? He has to go back on the 30th to present this form!! I'm really upset by this for a couple of reasons. 1. I am his sponsor and I make enough money to "support" him by the guidelines given to us by the government. I submitted the correct form and paid $70 for someone to look at it and OK us to move forward. Now, the embassy is saying it's not enough and we need a co-sponsor. That is so wrong. On the other hand, my parents don't mind co-sponsoring at all and we could have the paperwork finished and notarized in less than hour. 2. The 30th?!? Give me a break!! I want my man for Christmas!!!
I have already sent 2 e-mails to the consulate and will try as hard as I can to call (during the tiny window of time which I'm permitted to bother them with my voice) and talk to someone. *I just got an auto-response from the consulate saying that they no longer take immigrant visa inquiries over the phone, but they'll get back to me in 5-7 days. I'm calling anyway. **45 minutes, 42 tries and about $8 later, I finally got through. The operator was no help at all, said I should send an e-mail and a supervisor should look at it. Praying someone reads at least one of my 3 e-mails soon...
Please pray that we can either get this new requirement reversed or that they will except a faxed copy right away and there will be no need to wait until the 30th. My God is big...I'm tryin' not to be freaked right now.
"...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't fret! Because ...

...we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28)