Wednesday, December 30, 2009

1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks and 2 days!

As you can see from the ticker on the side, that is how long it took from our first paperwork to the word, "Approved." That doesn't count the prep, or the other visa tries.
Wow. I don't even know what to say. It's still sinking in. I woke up at 2:30 this morning and prayed and prayed until I finally heard from G a few hours later. His time at the embassy took longer than it should have (more than 3 hours, 2+ was just waiting to be seen). All of the 'what ifs' starting running through my head. I began to calculate how many months I would need to work, what I would need to sell, and how long it would take to move me and all of my remaining belongings to Ghana. There were so many things going through my head and I didn't even know what/how to pray. The minutes seemed to pass slower than normal as I pondered the unknown.
Then I got the call....
"Hello MY LOVE!"
...I knew it, we were okay.
I could breathe again....mostly. It's not really over until he's here (sorry, it had to be said).
My head is still spinning, this has been quite the journey. I can't believe my man will be here soon....for real.
Thank you, Lord....I don't know what else to say, just thank you so, so much!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Yes, Yes. thank you, God.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Yippee Skippy.......Praise the Lord!!