Thursday, December 24, 2009

Party-tude!!

Merry Christmas y'all!
I have surprised myself with how ready I am for Christmas and how much joy I have for this holiday. My 2nd oldest brother told me to put my party-tude on for Christmas, and especially for the festivities at his house tonight. Well said, brother. So I have. I am choosing to see the joy and positive this year and to delight in what I do have going for me.
God has been so good to us and I'm not gonna grouse around on His holiday. :) I am not sad because George isn't here (again), I am hopeful, because he's almost here. I'm not angry that we are still waiting, I'm excited that the waiting will be over very soon and that I have a Love who is worth the wait. I'm not grieved for the loss of the wedding, I'm thankful for flexible vendors and loving family and friends who have rallied around us. I do miss George terribly, but I'm so glad for a big and awesome family who help to pass the time and fill up the silence. Isn't it great that God put us in families?
I'm a happy girl and ready to party!

2 comments:

She thinks too hard! said...

Me, toooooooo!!!!!

Nana said...

well, if any family could part-ee, I am sure it is yours!!! have lots of fun and tell everyone Merry Christmas from the McK family.