Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday...a good day.

Today has been a good day. Shocking, I know. It's been a while since I've said that.
I was awakened at 7am by a call from my sweet man. Early? Yes. But I didn't mind and it started my day with a smile. We've been having completely terrible connection issues lately, so this call was especially sweet.
Since I was awake earlier than planned, I had a few more church options. I have been hesitant to go to a church that I think I really like because I just don't want to meet people right now. I don't want to be the needy girl, the girl with a story, the sad girl, the stand-offish girl, the girl with a fictional fiance, or any other weird or maladjusted persona. I am not really me right now, so I just don't want to share my current self. However, my parents were going to try that church today, so I decided strength in numbers was the way to go (growing up in a family of 8 makes it hard not to think that way). It was a wonderful experience and I'm glad I went....still not sure about "connecting" though.
Lunch conversation was great, considering church was not a boring or painful place. Nice. Who knew?
Afternoon conversations were great, again when church is good and the opposite of painful, the day is completely different!
Then came snack time! Have you ever had a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory caramel apple? Oh. My. GAAWWWD. They are beyond amazing! There aren't really words to describe these apples, just moans. Yum, yum, YUM!
So for a day without George, it was pretty good.
Tomorrow, G starts his new job (National Service) with the Ministry of Defense. He's excited and a little bit nervous (he got his hair barbered today for a good first impression...SO cute!). He's glad for forward progress in life and hoping for some wonderful opportunities. His first week will be fairly packed and quite the adjustment. He'll be staying with a friend for a while and will start searching for another place to stay in a week or two. It would be great if we got an interview before that is necessary, but as we all know, that is not exactly likely. Please keep praying...it's hard to have faith right now.

No comments: