Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Reality.

Last night, I called the NVC. We didn't get an interview. We were given a glimmer of hope last week, just to have it smashed to bits. Not sure why we didn't just hear "no" last week...this somehow seems worse.
So this is my reality. No interview, months more 'til George can actually be here. No place to stay in Ghana, so I can't go see him until there is a place for me to stay. No work for me, all my money making opportunities have fallen off. I'm looking for work, but it's hard to know what to do and the job market is pretty tight right now. My reality is, this sucks.
There are a lot of other hurtful things going on in my life right now, that I haven't posted about. I am seeking God with all that I am and trying to do what He has for us. But He is silent and I feel lost. Meanwhile, so many people around me are doing whatever the heck they want, or with little regard to God and they are just moving along, getting what they want and more. I wish I didn't care, but it hurts me. I feel very stuck right now, very lost, very lonely.
I lift up my eyes to the hills.From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord,who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
Psalm 121

No comments: