Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life this week...

Here's an update on my week...
I'm wait-wait-waitin' away for that elusive interview. There is a certain amount of peace in knowing we will be together in November regardless of an interview...but I still want a visa!
My boss had her baby girl on Tuesday. I'm so happy for them. I can't imagine how wonderful they must be feeling as a complete, together family. Hopefully one day I will.
I had a tough work situation with another family I recently started with. It was compounded by stress in my life. This week I decided to jump in and do a good job without being too invested, thus, not allowing their problems to overly stress me. It was hard, but I did it and I need the money. Then, my hours got cut. Seriously??
On Easter Sunday this year, I saw a really terrible car accident. I did the normal thing and helped and waited for the police to take my statement. Today I was called by a law firm that is representing the poor family who got hit (all 6 of them were very injured and I was so glad to hear that they are getting better). The law assistant was blown away that I was willing to help (sad world, I didn't exactly do anything) and we had a pretty good time talking to one another. It felt good to actually be somewhat productive. AAANND...the lawyer she works for has a daughter who is marrying someone from another country. We sort of swapped stories...she lamented with me the amount of paperwork and assured me that I've done all I can do and it's just a waiting game now. That helped me, I think the legal assistant actually knows what they are talking about.
So I guess that's it. Boring, waiting life. I've been flight searching, have I mentioned I hate Delta? I wish I had something funny or at least good to say...

No comments: