Monday, October 19, 2009

It's not over, but I'm still bummed...

I got up this morning full of excitement. Why? Because it's a work day, so the NVC should schedule our interview...of course!
....I wish I would have stayed in bed.
I haven't heard bad news from the NVC and I am most certainly NOT calling them today. However, my fabulous back up plan has taken a beating, and that makes me sad. The platinum lining of not getting an interview this round was that I would quickly hop on a plane, fly across the ocean and see my man. Since when have things worked the way they are supposed to? I should have expected something to get in the way.
In comes the Ghana government....as if we could get away with only one country ruining our plans! In Ghana they have a program called National Service. It's an internship of sorts that benefits the country and people of Ghana in some way. All college graduates are supposed to do a National Service and getting a job in Ghana without doing NS is pretty much impossible. If you leave the country however, it's not that big of a deal. So, George finally got called up for his NS and after MUCH ado, he is being sent to Accra!
Accra is huge! Accra is EXPENSIVE. Accra is complicated. Accra is PACKED with people and cars and trash. Accra is not MY lovely Volta Region. {gloom, despair, etc., etc.} So....George has no place to say, and there is (as of today) no place for me to stay either. So George will go to Accra later this week, start to figure out his new job and life in Accra and search like gangbusters for a place to say. So until something happens...I'm on hold again. Really?! REALLY?!?
What would make this all better? A VISA INTERVIEW!! I haven't given up hope completely, but I'm still bummed.
Thank you, for letting me vent.

No comments: