Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yay!

We have some good news!!
George received the Immigrant Visa Fee Bill Letter (could they choose a longer name please?). Yay! I have paid the fee and now we just wait 2-3 days for the payment to clear and receive further instructions. One step closer!
The other letter George received was one detailing the missing documents. Remember about a month ago I wrote about sending in paperwork and having something missing or incomplete? Well let me tell you, the NVC totally freaked me out that I had done something all wrong and messed up this whole process. I was so worried, all I tried to do was NOT be worried and it was constantly on my mind. I have been waiting and waiting for this fabled letter that will tell me what is missing and what to do; basically the details of how horribly I have messed things up. Well, George got it. And here's the thing, there was nothing wrong or missing with what I sent in (unless of course, they want to tell me that later)! They need another form for the next step, a form that has nothing to do with my affidavit of support. It's time for the actual Immigrant Visa application. Up until now I have just been petitioning my brains out for George, we have finally hit the place where he can "apply" for a Visa. Which means we pay, he does some paperwork, he has several Dr. visits and then the interview! Please pray the payment processing goes through before I leave so that I can start the next step from here.
So it's that simple, and that complicated! I'm so glad I didn't botch things and that we are really just moving to the next step. Let me tell you, the National Visa Center could really use some lessons in communication- they're pretty bad at it.
I tried to link to a song I'm singing today, but I guess I'm not a nerd enough to do so.....go here if you want to know and I like the Doxology.

1 comment:

livinlavida said...

That is a total yay hon! I'm happy for you!!! And its soon that you'll get to see him and that is another YAY! I'll keep on praying! God bless m'dear.