Thursday, March 26, 2009

Real life...

I'm surprised by how quickly I re-entered real life. It felt completely normal to numbly travel home alone and come back into the life I have here, like I had gone to run errands. I'm not sure what I think about that. I never imagined I would live two lives in two very different places that were so opposite yet equally wonderful, exciting, joyful and sad. I hate that normal right now is a life with George 6,000 miles away. Things will change soon.
I'm pretty sure I called the National Visa Center automated response system 7 times yesterday and at least 20 times this week. They still haven't changed my status to indicate that they have received the paperwork or that they are doing anything with it.
On another note, I have been e-mailing my new friend from JFK...we'll call him D. He said he was going to make some connections for us to see if our process could be sped up and told me to keep in touch because "...someone made our paths cross..." I couldn't agree more!

No comments: