Tuesday, March 20, 2012

6 Weeks!

My little baby is 6 weeks old today! He suddenly seems so much bigger to me! We moved his car seat straps up this week and he is starting to fit into 0-3 month clothes a lot better. I think this may be our last week in Newborn clothes- I'm choosing to see the happy side of that. :) He's still not chunky, but he's definitely filling out a bit and getting longer.

He is doing better at napping places other than my arms, and we are so very proud of that. :) We've actually had some great naps over the last few days.

His nights are hit or miss. We either get a really wonderful night, with feedings between 2-3 hours apart or we have a reeeeally rough night with a lot more feedings and a period of time that he is just awake for a while. Last night however, was wonderful! A very loud storm with LOTS of bright lightening came through and he slept through it!

He still LOVES to eat all the time, but I have noticed that I'll get some slightly longer breaks here and there, which is nice. I'm doing a better job at chilling out and not worrying about scheduling him, what babies his age "should" be doing, judgement from people and blah, blah, blah. It makes day-to-day life much better and I think he really does need to eat that much.

He loves to look at the light, no matter where we are. Sometimes if he's fussy, just turning on a lamp for him to look at calms him down.

We are getting social smiles more and more...it's the best thing! He is especially smiley in the mornings and it's totally precious!


He likes Reggae! I shouldn't be surprised, he's George's son after all, but he really seems to like it more than other music we play, and maybe even dances to it? I'll see if I can record what he does when the music starts...so cute!
I just can't get enough of his sweet little face!

Lovin' some snuggle time with Aunt Kimberly and Uncle Justin.

"Ooooh, look at me! I am sooooo handsome!"

Makafui got dressed up in his big ol' 0-3 month outfit for a stylin' trip to church....then he had a diaper EXPLOSION in it and all over Gigi. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Poor Gigi - not the first time that has happened to her. I need to visit. Everyone is having babies and getting more love and attention than me. I'm going to make a baby this year now...