Monday, October 18, 2010

9 months...

Yesterday marks 9 months since George has been in the country!! I thought the day would never come! I still look at him sometimes and can hardly believe we are together!
Here are the notable things George has experienced/learned in the last 9 months:
  • Our wedding!
  • SNOW- in Texas!
  • New church/membership/small group
  • Learned how to drive
  • Got a Driver's License
  • Learned how to gas up a car
  • Learned how to use a credit card
  • Learned how to swim
  • Moved
  • Applied for tons of jobs...still doing that
  • Got a job
  • Learned how to grill
  • Learned how to order and pay at a restaurant-American style
  • Seriously experienced Six Flags
  • Enjoyed the State Fair
  • Went rock climbing
  • Tried and LIKED Pork
  • Tried lots of new foods
  • Learned slang and sarcasm
  • Joined a bigger family
George has learned and experienced even more than I listed, but I won't bore you. He has done so, so well! I am really proud of him-this has been a huge adjustment and he takes everything in stride and without complaint.
I've noticed recently how settled we really are becoming (in a good way). The underlying fear that we'll be separated soon is pretty much gone and we are starting to feel more and more comfortable doing non-work things without the other person...you know, like real couples do. Of course we LOVE spending time together, but we aren't as clingy as when he first arrived and the forever wonderfulness is really starting to sink in! I love seeing G with my family and have noticed that he is much more relaxed around them now, it's wonderful.
Who knows what the next 9 months will hold? I hope it includes a career job and vacation! Either way, I'm happy to find out with G by my side!