Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where is the line?

It's hard sometimes to tell where the line is between trusting God and fully relying on Him and being passive while the world and opportunities (likely God given opportunities) pass you by.
That's where I was caught this week. I don't like being told no, I don't like injustice, I don't like not being in control and I most certainly do NOT like being 6,000 miles away from my love. I felt like I needed to be still and know that He is God, but I was also angry and wanted justice. I still want justice, but the anger is gone and peace, to some degree is in its place.
So after reviewing my options (there weren't many) I did take some steps forward. Remember JFK man? I sent him an e-mail about what's going on. He had no idea George still wasn't here and said he can't make any promises, but will see what he can do. It's a tad creepy, but the guy really seems to like me, so I have confidence that he will actually see what he can do. So we'll see, I don't want to get my hopes up. I also sent a letter to my senator. The last time I asked for help with a visa I was basically told they don't interfere with immigration cases and it's up to the discretion of the embassy/state dept/whatever. Things seem to have changed though and there is even a form for immigration help. So again, we'll see what happens.
I've also realized that I really do need to make the best out of my current situation. Life is still moving forward even without George here. So I've started having more people over, I'm becoming less of a satellite with church friends and am working on my cooking skills (I give PF Chang's a run for their money with my Mongolian beef and fried rice!). It's not exactly a wonderful life at the moment, but it's fine and I am blessed. I just keep looking forward, and keep praying.

1 comment:

She thinks too hard! said...

And the way you handle adversity, my dear girl, is one of the many, many reasons I am so very proud of you. Strong women of God don't get there by accident! Keep the faith...it won't be long now.