Monday, June 8, 2009

Could this be it?

Some time in the next five days, we will get news. We will be left either feeling overjoyed or crushed...again. I have no clue what we will find out. I do know that I want to hope in God no matter what. My faith is not in the government (good thing, where would I be if I trusted in these people?!) or in the individuals who make the appointments. I am leaning on God. I am casting my cares on Him. I was thinking this week about the people around me who are going through much harder things than I am. I was wondering, how much does this matter, really, in light of people dying and suffering? But the Bible doesn't tell us to present our requests to God or cast our cares on Him only if they are huge or life threatening, and if even sparrows matter, then this does too. So I will not be discouraged and I am so thankful to have a great God who cares about my life. I am praying as earnestly as I know how to do and thinking of these verses (as well as others). Please pray with me!
Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words, Romans 8:26

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright. Psalm 20:7-8

You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

No comments: