Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pangolins and George

Pangolins are real. George is real.
I don't know how many people know what Pangolins are, I thought they were a commonly known animal until someone informed me otherwise. Better yet, this educated friend of mine even went so far as to say..."I think you made that up Bethany." Surely an armadillo-like creature in West Africa was made up by the Texan chick. Most people haven't seen Pangolins, so they don't seem real. Well, I knew they were real AND I have seen one.
I feel like people don't always connect that George is real...just like the Pangolin. Not many of my friends have met George and though I don't think people try to be hurtful, there's an obvious attitude towards this stranger I love that seems different from attitudes towards known people. So let me tell you, George is real. He is wonderful. He is mine.
That's all I have to say.

No comments: