Friday, June 12, 2009

Really?

I am so confused and sad right now. George did not get an interview. That means it will be August or LATER before he will get an interview and be able to come. My heart is broken...again. I don't know how many people have been told by the government that they can't be with the one they love, but let me tell you-it's horrible, it's worse than horrible!
I don't know what to do right now. I can't call the NVC and ask more questions because I'm crying, so aside form it being embarrassing, they wouldn't understand me. I sent an e-mail asking how long we are expected to wait, but I know that I'll only get a form letter in a week that has no real information. I also sent an e-mail to an immigration lawyer asking some questions-I have a feeling that that too will prove fruitless.
This place in life right now is just hard. George and I are going through this process because we feel the Lord had America for our immediate future (remember, we tried the whole Africa thing and felt like God wanted us here instead) as well as, we are honoring my parents. So I kind of feel like, what gives? We are walking in obedience and it's not going very well. I want nothing more than to be still and know that He is God. I want nothing more than to feel the comfort I know God has for me, but right now, it's just deep, deep sadness. I'm sad my man is not coming soon and I'm sad that I fasted and prayed my heart out and feel like He isn't listening; and then I'm sad to have such a childish attitude about God. Who am I to tell Him what is best for me? I'm a mess right now!
And on top of all of that...a mega hail storm came through last night and totally plastered my car! This is a completely terrible day!!!!!
Whew, glad I got that out. Sooner or later I will have a different outlook and will post again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Bethany, I am so sorry. I am grieving with you, yet so very proud of your attitude. What a great women of God George is going to get. Still praying for you both.
Ann H.

Kristen said...

I too am grieving with you. I've been praying for you guys and hoping all week for good news. I think waiting for your heart's desire is one of the hardest things in the world.