Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Randomness

  • I'm really trying to work on being gracious, especially when other people are not. It's not always easy.
  • My neighbor's mother (both complete strangers) and I talked very briefly today. She managed to sneak, "You know vaccines are really bad for you." into the conversation. I wanted to respond with, "You know that Polio is worse." Instead, I tried that whole gracious thing and just smiled.
  • I think a little discretion goes a looooong way.
  • Makafui has discovered the golf course!! This is some serious entertainment for our little dude. Today, I drug the highchair onto the patio so he could see-total hit.
  • Golfers have potty mouths.
  • Golfers are also loud.
  • I fear the F word could make it into M's vocab if he watches golf too much.
  • Shea Moisture is my new obsession! We use it on Makafui's hair and it does wonders!! His curls are soft and defined and it smells amazing!! It's also a product with a conscience, next time you're in Target (you know, when you're perusing the Black Hair Care section), pick up a bottle and read it. :)
  • Oxi-Clean will get prune juice out of grout.
  • I love this weather!
  • The toaster oven thing is a hit so far. I like the convenience and in the first week, our usage went down by $4. Pretty cool.
  • Tiny Togbe has moved his bedtime up to about 9. It. Is. Wonderful.
  • We had several playdates this past week, most of which went very well.
  • Playing with Cuz Sophia was a different story. M was being so sweet and kept giving her kisses, then in the blink of an eye, he grabbed two handfuls of hair and yanked! Poor Sophia! He attacked out of nowhere...like an exotic animal in captivity.
  • Everywhere we go people ooooh and aaaaaah over my baby. Yeah, he is gorgeous.
  • I made my first batch of Pumpkin bread on Sunday, that must mean it's Fall!
  • When people tell me how skinny or good I look, I find it so encouraging that I go eat chocolate. Maybe I should exercise instead.
  • I'm so incredibly thankful for my family.
  • I've been thinking a lot lately about not burying my 'Talent' and what that means for me. (Matt 25)
  • I miss hanging out with my brother, Jon.
  • I'm excited for the future...and for the present.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait, is that his 'walking shirt'?

Kristen said...

i like these random posts. M is one adorable guy! i told jeff that i feel like a minor celebrity when i'm out with the girls because people are always stopping me to tell me how cute they are. i think i've totally let it go to my head.