Friday, September 28, 2012

Freaky Friday

Since randomness seems to be a fave among those that comment (on and off of Blogger), I may just make this a regular occurrence.

  • It is officially FALL!!! Bring on the cooler weather, pumpkin coffee and being able to go on walks during the day! I'm still waiting for those last two...
  • You can't trust a man in women's shoes. You just can't.
  • I am very out of practice when it comes to making pizza dough from scratch. My second batch was better than the first though.
  • I have seen the Mona Lisa in person. Underwhelming. Sad, but true.
  • It took me THREE days to get all the ironing done this week. It's a good thing ironing is a man chore in this house.
  • I'm good at keeping secrets. Like real good.
  • I'm getting a little better at packing lunch for G on a regular basis, I've almost got it down to a system. I will not share what percentage of his lunch is carbs.
  • I'm trying to define my MomStyle. I never want to be a schlepper or shroomer. Finding cute, (affordable) clothes that are nursing friendly and washable has been quite the task!
  • We are still playing with M's Prilosec dosage. The poor kid. He is quite the trooper, but we are still working on finding a dose that controls the reflux without bothering his tummy. It's a very curious thing and can be frustrating. Praying he outgrows this quickly!
  • I'm in love with MinuteClinic. I think it's the coolest, easiest thing ever.
  • My sister just found out she's having a GIRL! I'm excited. M is excited that he remains King. ;)
  • I've been wearing the same pair of contacts for way more than 30 days. Uh-oh.
  • This week, we added Happy Thanksgiving, Curious George to our family library. I'm the most excited about it. Typical.
  • G forwarded this NASTY e-mail about food imported from Asia- it included disgusting pictures of gigantic snakes that were being processed to pass as other food and lots of other disturbing things. Fish was what we bought from Asia. Let me tell you, it is SO HARD to find fish from the US!!
  • G also sent that disgusting e-mail to the manager of our Sprouts, so maybe it will be easier to find US fish after all.
  • We got an e-mail about the marathon tomorrow informing us of the weather conditions...as if we didn't know. (And in case you didn't know, it's supposed to rain heavily throughout tonight until about noon tomorrow.) It said that rain gear was recommended, including rain pants. What? There are rain pants?! I had no idea...that must be REI speak or something-not a part of my world.
  • I do not have rain pants.
  • I won't be buying rain pants.
  • I will be a soaking wet rookie marathoner tomorrow.
  • I made Kahlua brownies on Monday. Poor choice. It's Friday and I've eaten nearly half of the batch.

2 comments:

Sue Anne McKinney said...

I don't know what those terms for mom styles mean? Can you explain? Pictures would be better. I do so want to be in the know! Also, any thoughts on cool grandmother styles? I seriously need to stop wearing the 3 REI skirts I have ALL the time.

Sister Beta said...

You are great! Schlepping is just generally looking clumsy and unkempt-like whatever you are doing is so hard you just can't manage to be put together. Shrooming is when you wear workout clothes when you aren't working out. And I think your style is great! You always look cute when I see you!