Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I am NOT...

Last week I got up the guts to call the Dr. and find out how much weight I gained with M. The answer, 42 pounds! I wasn't really too surprised, but that's still a lot. I've lost 39 of those 42 pounds and I feel pretty good about that (and I'm not finished). Today I was thinking about how "fat" that number on the scale is. I was thinking it's been a little while since I've weighed that much. Correction, it's been 10 YEARS since I weighed that much! 10 YEARS since I was the fat girl. 10 YEARS since I busted my butt and lost 70 pounds to be a healthy me. 10 YEARS!

So when am I gonna stop thinking I'm the fat girl?

This got me to thinking about other things in my life and the lives of people I know. How long do we hold on to things that are not us? Things that have changed, or been forgiven or never really were us.

I'm one of those people who thinks about what was going on this time last year (thanks, Mom-I get that from you!). This is when things got really hard last year, with unemployment and some other stuff. There were a lot of nasty lies said about me, things that hurt, deeply. In my quiet moments throughout the night and day, I think of all that happened and wonder if I should have done things differently, wonder what God's plan was for all of that mess. When I'm exhausted, I wonder if any of those things said about me are really true.

Today, I got my answer. God really impressed upon me that I am NOT those things. I am His.

Here's to NOT being..
the fat girl
the outcast
the mediocre mom
the inadequate wife
the bad friend
the lazy employee
the person who never measures up

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1

3 comments:

Kristen said...

yes!! why is it always easier to believe lies than the truth?
also, i always like to think about what was going on this time last year too. that is why having a blog is so nice, i can go back and look whenever i want.

Mama B said...

I have never, not for one second, thought of you as any of those negative things. Thanks for the good reminder not to listen to the devil (or people who do his talking for him!)

Sue Anne McKinney said...

must be the day for calling out the lies...doing some of that myself this morning! :) I am NOT....either! Thanks for sharing this.