Monday, June 4, 2012

Walk It Out

We had a wonderful weekend! I'm getting better and better at making the most out of our family time on Saturday and Sunday and Makafui just keeps getting more fun!

We decided to go on a walk along the San Gabriel river on Saturday, but we didn't go 'til after M's morning nap, so it was noon by the time we got there and heated up quickly (90ish?). M started out having a great time and was quite content in the stroller.




About a mile in, he started to get hot, so we took him out and took off his socks (and squirted his feet with water, because that makes perfect sense to cool him off:) and then I wore him with the (black!) K'Tan. He liked it of course, but it wasn't much cooler.



(G laughed at me for wearing tennis shoes with a skirt, apparently I missed the fashion memo that that is a huge no-no! Haha!)


Since the K'Tan was hot too, we had to take a break on a bench under a tree, nurse a bit and just take in the breeze. M liked that much better.



Then G took him and we booked it back to the car for a cool down.




Once upon a time, G and I would spend hours along the San Gabe walking miles and miles. This time was a little different, but I like our new normal too!

On Sunday, we put Makafui in the church nursery!! I had been thinking about it for a while and after a few weeks of going to the cry room to play because he just wanted to talk and giggle and squeal during service, I figured he was ready. I prepared myself for it all week long and told M how wonderful it would be. When we walked back to the nursery, so many people were excited that we were bringing him and commented that they had hoped they would get to snuggle him. It was sweet and put me at ease just a little bit. We brought him to the room and there was only one other baby there, so they each got one on one attention. I almost cried when I left him, but managed to hold it together. G got up and checked on him 3 times during service and he did great. The second service was over I rushed to get him and he was peacefully sleeping in the swing. Obviously, it was a lot harder on me, than him! I'm hoping this is the beginning of a wonderful church nursery relationship.

In the evening we went to small group and it was so great! G and I are cautiously excited to make friends and the couples in the group seem really great. Also, someone made brownies with black beans in them. Sounds weird, but they were delicious-aaaaand had protein in them, so they were healthy! :)

It was a wonderful weekend! Here's to a wonderful week as well!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

congrats on your first successful nursery drop off!! little M is miles ahead of the gohean girls. they had to call us back to come and get them until they were very close to 18 months old, little trouble makers.
so much fun seeing your mom and dad at the wedding this weekend!!
black bean brownies? i'm all about brownies with "special" ingredients in them, but beans!!?? haha.

Sister Beta said...

You crack me up, Kristen. I'm not sure what's better and baby who just gets left by his Mommy and doesn't even care, or one who can't quite handle the nursery for a while! I'm still feeling very conflicted about how well he did! Do you have your own "special" brownie recipe you'd like to share??