Wednesday, January 25, 2012

There. Is. No. Way.

I had my Dr. appointment today, only my Dr. is out of town, so I saw her husband's Nurse Practitioner (Yes, you read that right and maybe it is a little weird. My Dr.'s husband is also in the business of lady parts and his office is next door, he has more staff than my Doc has so sometimes they share). Anywho, I had to tell the new people not to say my weight out loud and look away as is my normal practice. When I was getting my blood pressure checked though, I saw the paper on the counter. The new chick had HUGE handwriting and it was kind of messy...I think I saw the number 198. I dismissed it and thought surely I misunderstood or it was BP scribbles (we were having BP issues as well)!
It keeps coming to mind though.
After discussing with my mother, we have decided that I MUST have seen the wrong thing and her handwriting MUST be pretty messy!! It suuuuper freaked me out though. To confirm that I misunderstood, I am now gallivanting around the house in leggings and a tight tee, making sure I check myself out in EVERY mirror or reflective thing around. Yeah, I must have seen something wrong! :) Now you know why I don't look at the numbers, I wouldn't be able to think about ANYTHING else.
 
My baby is healthy, I'm blissfully unaware of my weight (again) and I WILL get back in shape.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

haha! of course you saw it wrong. and anyways, it is all baby and water weight in the end. you look amazing!
i gained 50+ pounds with annie, yes i did. yikes. i stopped looking at the scales the last two weeks, so who knows what that "+" really was.

Sister Beta said...

That's awesome Kristen, and thank you! That makes me feel better-you look great so obviously the 50+ pounds wasn't too big of a deal! :)