Friday, July 30, 2010

First day and other tid-bits...

Yesterday, George went to work in America for the first time! (I resisted the urge to take a picture of him...but he sure did look great!) He felt like work went well and the hours flew by! He's very excited for the future and works 4 days next week. I am sooo proud of him and happy that he is working-it's really good for him. I am going to miss him though. :( Our schedules don't really work together yet, but I'm hoping it's a short term problem.
This weekend is going to be pretty busy for us as we'll be experiencing A Day In The Life Of Foster Parents! My friend S lost a a very close friend this week, so she and her husband will be going out of town for the funeral. :( We will be helping by watching their two foster kids all day-I'm excited and a little terrified! We'll see how it goes...
G did not get the other job he interviewed for, but we see God's providence in that. We're still searching for a more ideal job for him, but for now, we are more than happy with retail!
My big feat of the week is finding George's beloved MILO! Milo [me-lo] is a chocolate, grain beverage mix that is big in Ghana and other parts of the world....just not here. It's a major staple-especially for breakfast. We've tried things like Ovaltine and Nesquick, but none compare for George and it's something he reeeally misses. I searched and searched nearby and haven't been able to find it. Finally, I found it on Amazon with a subscription option, so 3 big jars will arrive every other month! G will be super surprised! Yay!

No comments: