Tuesday, July 13, 2010

God winked...

Some days are harder than others....yesterday was one of those hard days. G had a particularly discouraging day which was compounded by a toothache. It's really, really hard to watch him struggle and not be able to help him. Being at home all day and not being the provider for our family goes against everything in him. I don't have any sort of solution. We just try to remember that God is indeed faithful (even when it seems like He's gone on vacation) and things will be okay...they always are.
One thing I pray for a lot is that God would send some sort of encouragement while we wait for bigger changes. Today, we got some.
Today, George's toothache feels better, he has a little more hope, and I came to work to find that I got a raise!
It's not a huge raise, but it means a lot. I never imagined I would actually make more at this job....but God made a way. In a way, He winked. And that wink has said to us, "I'm still here, I'm still listening. Keep on going."
Thanks, God.
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

2 comments:

Kristen said...

yay for a raise and for some encouragement!!!

Nana said...

I agree! Yay! Here's one I really love, too.
The eyes of the Lord move to and fro thru out the earth that He may strongly support those whose hearts are his.
I just can't remember where it is!