Monday, July 12, 2010

Goodbye, World Cup....and Vuvuzelas!

Well, the World Cup is over. It's been a fast month! I loved all the pageantry, I loved peoples being united over a simple game, I love that Africa got to host. Our interest in the games declined SHARPLY after Ghana was robbed in the Uruguay game...but I'm not bitter. It was a wonderful distraction (so was HGTV, which came with ESPN:). I even got used to the vuvuzelas.
George and I met around the time of the last World Cup...who knew this is where we would be for the next one? And who knows what life will look like four years from now? I'm not so concerned about the details anymore-as long as we're together, I'll be fine.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

got to say i'm not missing the world cup too much!! but now it's the tour de france...

Kristen said...

oops, not sure why that happened.