Monday, August 2, 2010

Tuesday....

What a weekend! It's taken me until today to even know how to recap...and still, I don't know how well I will do.
Babysitting on Saturday was quite the task! Words really wouldn't do it justice. I do have to say though, at one point, G and I decided that we are allergic to children. :) It was a looong, hard day. It pales in comparison however, to what our Friends M & S do everyday! Their foster daughters have been through more than we can imagine in their short lives-the result is pretty terrible behavior! We are so amazed by this couple, who have stepped out in faith and obedience to God, to be foster parents to these kids and a light to those around them. Bravo to them! And to all the foster and adoptive parents who may check this blog out...GOD! BLESS! YOU!
On Sunday, we recovered from Saturday and spent time together, knowing we'd be apart more during the week. Yesterday, today and Thursday, George's work schedule makes it where we don't see each other ALL DAY...as in 14+ hours! I don't want to whine, but I do have to admit, it's NO FUN. It's no surprise that G has a better perspective on this and it's helped me out. I felt like, we haven't worked and waited this long to be together to not be together. His thought, at least we're in the same place. He is right. This is temporary. I'm going to be a big girl about it. I will add though, that this will be much easier when we move!
And one more thing, all this driving around for a low paying job that gives "great experience" and a sense of independence...it's exactly what my mom/parents did for us when we were teens-SIX TIMES! Sheesh, Mom! (And, she's helping again!) I feel like God is double stretching me sometimes-teaching someone how to drive and taking them to work and various activities are typical responsibilities for a mom of teens...not a newlywed in her 20s. Hopefully by the time I'm doing this for my kids, I'll be super awesome and have some sort of system down. That, or have invented a drug that magically makes one know how to drive...the drug that makes me not care how someone is driving is already out there-I'm not interested. :)

3 comments:

She thinks too hard! said...

Oh, girl! You bless my heart! You really get it. I would not trade any of the experiences of raising you all but it was a lot of driving, teaching, mundane tasks, waiting in dark parking lots, etc. The payoff is wonderful, though, and we are so blessed to be able to help out a little bit now. We are very proud of you both.

Kristen said...

i hope this a short season for you guys.

Michael and Stephanie Whitson said...

Do those foster parents know what you said about their kids?!?! HAHAHA LOVE IT!