Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hopeful...

I can't believe it's almost July! I am seriously looking forward to the holiday weekend and all it has in store! This is George's first American Independence Day and we are both looking forward to it. (We're also doggysitting Tuck Tuck for the weekend...should be an experience!)
Last year, was quite another story. I was just looking at pictures from last year's celebration and it seems so far away! My parents had just moved to their new house, all my Texas siblings had come to town and I was heartbroken. I was full of anxiety, weary from waiting, sad about so many things, had huge decisions on my plate, and frankly, I was mad at the world. I'm pretty sure I ended up crying in my mom's room while everyone else was partying outside.
This year will be very different. It's nice how things change.
I'm hoping our job situation will be the same way. Things don't exactly look fabulous right now, but that doesn't mean it will always be that way. I'm hopeful.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

you're keeping tucker this weekend?! give him an extra snuggle from us.
i hope you guys have a blast together this holiday. how crazy how much things can change in a year.

Sister Beta said...

We are and I will! I think this "test drive" of having a dog will definitely help us decided if we want one any time soon. :)

Nana said...

give tuck tuck a hug from nana. Happy 4th of July!