Monday, January 18, 2010

What a man, what a man.

His first air travel took him 8,416 miles, over 29 hours and through 3 Continents. Wow.

......

My man is HERE!!!!!!
It was a harrowing journey, one that included lots of new experiences and struggles for George. (And one that included frantic phone calls and tears for me, when my man didn't get off his plane!) But alas, he's here. We can begin our forever!!

[Breakfast, THIS morning, TOGETHER in TEXAS]

When I began planning my first Ghana trip four years ago, I had no idea that I would meet this amazing man. I also had no idea what we would be fighting in order to be together. These last 18 months have been particularly hard. We have experienced so much! We have cried and struggled, we have learned a lot and aged even more! We have grown closer to one another and closer to our God. We have worried and planned and felt greater disappointment than we thought was possible. We have waited and waited and waited. We have been very alone. At last, we have triumphed!
I have been dreaming of picking George up at MY airport for more than 3 years....it finally happened!! There are no words to describe my joy. Complete is the closest thing I can think of. Praise God!!!

Woezor, George!!!
You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you!I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. -Psalm 40:5

4 comments:

Kristen said...

i'm just so excited and relieved and happy for you guys!! i can't believe he is here!!!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!! I knew God would make a way for both of you!
My husband came similarly here (though only 5,000 miles). We've been married now for almost 16 years!
Thank God for this mountain top experience......though going through the valley is where He was maturing/growing you both in your walk with Him.
Praise the Lord for it ALL! PRAISE the LORD!!

Nana said...

yippeeeeeeee

Obibini Bruni said...

What were you up to the first time you went to Ghana? I am always curious what brings people there.
http://obibinibruni.org/