Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dream come true!

This is day 4 of George being here and I'm still on cloud nine...I hope that never goes away! He is doing so great adjusting to life here, it's been a very busy 4 days! A lot of people are asking how he's doing, so I thought I'd fill y'all in a little bit.
George is fitting with my family SO well-he was our missing puzzle piece. He's always loved my family because they are my family. But now, he loves my family because he knows them (and vice-versa). Watching them interact together is quite possibly the greatest thing ever! I have waited and prayed for years to have the people I loved most be together! Now they are and it's better than I ever imagined! I'm at a loss for words to describe how wonderful it is and how completing it is for me.
George is the same man I fell in love with in Ghana. But there is something about him being outside of his norm that seems to magnify all the things I love about him. For instance...
He has always been very teachable, but in Ghana, he already knew so much. I am really enjoying watching him learn and observe things here. He's a quick study! He already clears my dishes from the table, the way my dad does for my mom....it's precious!
He's always been concerned for my well being, but for the first time, I get a "Call me when you get home." [swoon] The best part is, he can't actually wait for me to get home, he ends up calling me about the time I pull up to the gate at my apartment. LOVE. IT.
He's still adventurous! George has been so wonderful and easy going about trying new things, and there have been a LOT of new things to try! Concerning food, he likes most things (including Chick-Fil-A, Diet Dr. P, and strawberries-heck yes!) and only has a few dislikes so far-guacamole is one of them (oh well, more for me!). On his first full day here, he helped my dad put a piece of furniture together-that is NOT something that happens in Ghana, and he did a wonderful job! He's also a natural at Wii and I can't wait for a tennis showdown!
I'm kind of rambling because things are just so fabulous and I can't really put it into words. I'm so excited! Excited for today and excited for all the tomorrows to come!

No comments: