Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Letters!

Today I began a bombardment operation. Letters to the Senator about our immigration case....lots of letters! I got black envelopes for greater visual impact and wrote a great (if I do say so myself) letter that's slightly generic with all the needed info. I've started with fifty. They are addressed and (almost) stamped so all my friends and family will have to do is sign their name and put their return address. I'm hoping this will get us heard. If not, it has been good for me to actually do something while I wait-I feel a little better, so it's not a waste. Please pray that the people who read these letters will help us (and other people, we aren't the only ones waiting forever because the embassy in Accra won't function properly)!
In other letter news....the stupid traffic light to get into my apartment either doesn't "see" my car, or really has it in for me. I routinely wait five minutes or more to turn while every other direction gets a green light over and over again! I wrote an e-mail and was told they only take complaints through the mail. WHAT?!? I'm deciding how much of a campaign this warrants. In normal life, it's not a big deal....but this is not normal life.
Oh yeah, George has malaria, so please pray for quick and complete healing!
Oh yeah again....my dad wrote the PRESIDENT! How cute is that? 54 years old and he wrote the prez for the first time...don't mess with his kid!

No comments: