Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I just don't know.

Remember in elementary school when you had a joke with a recurring line...and then finally you get to the punch line? Over and over you ask someone questions and they have to answer with the same phrase...then the last question you ask somehow makes that phrase funny or embarrassing.
That's how I feel right now, only it's not funny. Pretty much whatever the question is, my answer is: I just don't know. What's going on with immigration? When will George be here? What are you going to do next? What happened with your job? How will you make money now? What are you going to do next? The answer to all of those questions and so much more is, I. Just. Don't. Know.
This new set of circumstances changes things. It changes my perspective. It changes my financial situation (these recent $10/day phone calls to Ghana have got to stop!). It changes the options we have for our future. It changes the life of the little guy I watch. It just changes things.
So here I am again, back to, I just don't know. These are the things I do know, so they will have to suffice until all the other details are filled in. God is still my God and He is BIG. George is still my man and nothing will change that. Somehow, things will be okay.
Please continue to pray for us. We are feeling very aimless and very unheard. We need some serious wisdom, direction, HOPE and favor.
I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction: YOU HAVE KNOWN THE DISTRESS OF MY SOUL... Psalm 31:7

Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you. Psalm 33:20-22

No comments: