Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A new song...

April 15th a year ago was George's original interview. He was told to come back with more information. The following week was filled with anxiety, prayer, hope, fear and ultimately a heart crushing denial. I had just become jobless after a frightening situation with a bad boss and we spent the following weeks feeling alone, hopeless and dismayed. Then things changed...
What I have this year is so different. Things aren't exactly easy and I still struggle with anxiety. But generally, as great as my sorrow was then, my joy now is that much greater. This year we are on our way to a more permanent visa for George-the process is almost finished! We have been blessed financially so that we have been able to spend quality time together and afford the frequent phone calls. Our relationship with one another and with Christ has grown deeper through our challenges. We have hope. We have strength. And to top it all off, I have a wonderful job that I really enjoy. God is good.

I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.

Psalm 40:1-3

No comments: