Wednesday, April 1, 2009

For your entertainment...

Since we're still waiting for some good news and since so many people have told me how much they enjoyed the pictures I posted, I have decided to give you a further glimpse of the entertaining side of Ghana. Enjoy!
I love it when idioms get a little messed up-it's just too funny!
This sign is on George's campus. I asked him what 'tooting' meant in Ghana and he didn't know. After lots of laughs and thinking, we figured this sign was made because the alternative was 'NO HORNING' unfortunately, people don't know that this sign means 'don't honk' so it's completely useless. Hee hee
Anybody need glasses and a leash? How about contact lens solution and a dog bowl? If so, head on over to Gokals Optical and Pet Supplies.
Seriously, no hunting on cam-poos! As you know, travel in Ghana can be tricky. When the bus broke down on this particular trip we stopped in a village full of men eager to help....looks like the one on the right put on his special "fix a van while foreign chicks are here" pants. If that's not sketchy, I don't know what is.
Blaaaaaast, from the paaaast! This pic is kind of embarrassing, but whatev!
Yes, that is a funeral invitation....the pictures from the funeral itself are way cooler! And there's the guest of honor! He's propped up at his car because he was a driver.
This is a fairly common sign. I like the animation though, it mixes things up a little.
This guy took his goats on a tro-tro. They let him take them inside, but I'm sure if the tro-tro got full they would put them on top.
Yep, that's a scorpion...I put it on my face, but I like this picture better.
Stay tuned.....I think the next post will have more signage and wildlife/bugs. :)

1 comment:

livinlavida said...

haha i love all the international mixups! Way funny.. thanks for sharing!