Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The things you do for love.

It's 3am which is when normal employed people should be sleeping, but I've been up for more than an hour trying to get an interview time for George. The consulate told him the website typically works between about 7 and 8 in the morning...Ghana time. Well, we all know how reliable Ghana Internet has been, so my alarm went off at 2, so I could give it a shot! The first 50 minutes or so are a frustrating daze of trying to stay awake and pressing refresh a zillion times, but all of the sudden, it worked! So after trying to contact George to figure out which date was best (his preferences weren't available) and losing all the close dates while waiting for a response (I only waited for about 15 minutes!) we ended up on April 15th. I'm not exactly ecstatic with how late the date is, but at least we have one....maybe some sleep will make this seem like a bigger victory, right now I'm kind of bummed.

No comments: