Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Anxious for nothing...

Yeah, I'm working on that! Sometimes I feel like I'm anxious for everything.
I was thinking today about my favorite verse and the one I keep remembering through all of my worry about immigration and at times the uncertainty of our future and my desire to make everything work out, all on my own.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7
Through God's providence, this verse stood out to me in a different way about the time I met George and has helped to guide me through the travails and triumphs of dealing with immigration, navigating cultures and a bi-continental relationship and everything in between. It reminds me how big God is and how much He cares. It also reminds me that I should chill out and be thankful for all things, even when they don't go my way. :) The 3am post may have seemed a bit whiney and I was not very happy. However, I am so thankful and I need to bring that back to the forefront. I'm thankful for George and our future, thankful for wonderful and supportive family and friends, thankful for a good Internet connection in the middle of the night, thankful that we finally have an interview date and are moving forward in the visa process and so much more! God is so good and I am very fortunate.

1 comment:

life-muse said...

hi sister, continue to trust upon jesus as He has overcome ALL your troubles for you. :)